make great Christmas Gifts!
This Cookbook is filled with more than 500 recipes from Delhi residents and friends. All proceeds go to a Delhi Bicentennial permanent project to benefit the Delhi community. Price is $15 plus tax, for a total of $16.05. Three ways to get your books:
The books are now available at the Delhi Historical Society Farmhouse Museum, 468 Anderson Ferry Road, any Thursday, from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
You can also order online to reserve books for pickup, delivery or shipping:
- Pick up your book any Thursday from 12:30-3 p.m, at The Delhi Historical Society, 468 Anderson Ferry Road. PLEASE CALL FIRST TO MAKE SURE WE ARE HERE!
- Request personal drop-off to you in the Delhi area, select "pickup" option under shipping, and complete "personal delivery instructions" box at the final review/checkout.
- Have it shipped to you (shipping fees apply), select "standard shipping" option
Or you can order by mail:You can purchase by check for $16.05 for each book, made payable to Bicentennial Committee - Delhi Historical Society, and mail to 468 Anderson Ferry Road, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45238. Please add $5 shipping and handling.
Delhi in Bloom
The Language of Flowers
Visit the Delhi Historical Society as we tell the history of Delhi Township through its floriculture with the opening of two new exhibits.
- Delhi in Bloom explains how grapes, growers and greenhouses shaped the history and development of Delhi Township.
- The Language of Flowers explores the use of flowers as symbols over the centuries, the Victorians’ enchantment with flowers and a “flower language,” and how that helped to fuel a demand for blooms that gave rise to Delhi’s many greenhouses.
The exhibits include educational panels, flower displays, images of many Delhi greenhouse owners and families, and an interactive craft for all ages.
Delhi Township will celebrate its bicentennial beginning in 2016. The Delhi Historical Society launches the beginning of its celebrations with these exhibits exploring Delhi’s early history as a wine-growing region and its transformation into “the Floral Paradise of Ohio.”
Visit us on Facebook
Delhi Historical Society
468 Anderson Ferry Road
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45238
Museum Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, 12:30-3 p.m.